Intent to retire this list
Karl Thiessen
2017-02-21 20:14:36 UTC
Folks --

I'm afraid the time has come to put this mailing list out to pasture.
Thank you for all the lively discussions.

For Firefox Accounts-related questions, please subscribe to
dev-***@mozilla.org at:

For questions about similar efforts to Persona, please take a look at:

https://github.com/portier

... and do the usual Github things.

In the absence of any strenuous and persuasive objection, this mailing list
will be de-commissioned on Friday 2016-03-31.

Thanks again for all your support over the years, and please keep
supporting the free and open Web.

--
Karl Thiessen
Mozilla Identity Team QA Emeritus
John Gruen
2017-02-21 20:21:46 UTC
http://youtu.be/VastXQ_hPb0
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-fxacct
Karl Thiessen
2017-02-21 23:07:21 UTC
Post by Karl Thiessen
Friday 2016-03-31.
It always takes three months before I learn to write the new year on the
rent check. This should, of course, read Friday 2017-03-31.

Thanks to Gene Wood for the correction.

--KT.
h***@mozilla.com
2017-02-22 09:16:46 UTC
Hi Karl,

can we extend the grace period to retire this list by 5 months to 2017-08-31?

There are a few ideas surfacing from the current IAM (Identity and Access Management) project. I'd like to keep exploring these with the IT and Open Innovation teams. This might have impact on mozilla.dev.identity.

Sorry I am very un-specific at this point. In German we say "ungelegte Eier" (dict.leo translates this as 'Don't cross your bridges before you come to them.').

Best regards,
Henrik
Karl Thiessen
2017-02-22 19:34:57 UTC
Henrik --

Let me look into how to transfer administrative powers to you for this
list, and then you can set the retirement date yourself.

Expect email from me with details in the next week or two -- definitely
before 2017-03-31.

Thanks very much,
--KT.