"no response returned from child process" validation error
James Shore
2016-06-22 03:30:28 UTC
Hi all,

I may be the last person using Persona in production. :-) Sorry about that.

I’m getting an error from Persona on *some* logins, but not all. I can’t reproduce it myself. The error is "no response returned from child process”.

This *may* be related to gmail logins. Nobody’s complained directly, but one person who implied it was an issue had a gmail.com address.

I have the failed Persona assertion in my logs if you’d like me to share it privately.

Thanks,
Jim

--
James Shore - The Art of Agile
recipient of Gordon Pask Award for Contributions to Agile Practice

voice: +1 503-267-5490
email: ***@jamesshore.com
blog: http://jamesshore.com
John Morrison
2016-06-22 04:05:23 UTC
Hi James,

No, you are not the last person using Person in production.

There was an issue with a verification server, but that was (believed)
fixed about 18:26 PDT.

Do you have that error since that time?

Thanks,
John
Matjaz Horvat
2016-06-22 08:07:33 UTC
I and (other people) can't log in to:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/
https://mozillians.org/sl/

-Matjaž
Jan Wrobel
2016-06-22 08:30:11 UTC

I also can't login with Persona (I have a non gmail.com address). The
problem is persistent, none of the several attempts worked. The
verification server is returning errors.

Kind regards,
Jan
2016-06-22 08:27:19 UTC
Hi everyone,

We have the same issue. I think all persona running websites are affected, see https://www.voo.st and https://ting.com

It's not related to gmail logins as it happens for all login attempts for us

Cheers,
Turan
2016-06-22 09:08:19 UTC
Seems to have just been resolved for us. All login types, gmail or not are now working.
Armin M
2016-06-22 14:56:51 UTC
Seems to have worked about 5 hours ago, now it's back to not working
Daniel Thorn
2016-06-22 15:05:21 UTC
thanks armin, I've kicked it again, should be working.

-Daniel Thorn
Mozilla Services Operations Engineer
Javier Alcázar